What information we collect and how
The information we collect via the website may include:
- Any personal details you knowingly provide us with through forms and our email, such as name, address, telephone number etc.
- Your preferences and use of email updates, recorded by emails we send you (if you select to receive email updates on our latest news and services).
- Your IP Address – This is a string of numbers unique to your computer that is recorded by our web server when you request any page or component on the website. This information is used to monitor usage of the website.
More information on cookies is provided at the end of this policy.
What we do with your information
Any personal information we collect from this website will be used in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and other applicable laws. The details we collect will be used as follows:
- In certain cases we may use your email address to send you information on our other services. In such a case you will be offered the option to opt in/out before completing your purchase.
- We may need to pass the information we collect to other companies, who are our trusted associates, for relevant purposes. We may use third parties to carry out certain activities, such as e-newsletter distribution or website construction. Third parties will not be allowed to use your personal information for their own purposes.
You have the right to request a copy of any information that we currently hold about you. In order to receive such information please send your contact details including address and payment of £10 to cover administration expenses to the following address:
Bon-Accord Training Ltd. Offices 3 and 6, Kairdson Business Centre, Hospital Road, Ellon, AB41 9AW
A cookie is a text file downloaded to your computer when you access websites. They contain information which includes: a site name and unique user ID, the duration and a random number. Cookies cannot be used to reveal your identity or personal information.
The website then notes that you have been there before, and in some cases, alters what is shown on screen. They also might record how long you spend on each page on a site, what links you click, even your preferences for page layouts and colours.
Generally cookies are of benefit, and improve the users browsing experience on the website. Some websites can’t function properly without cookies, a shopping website for instance, which passes information from one web page to the shopping cart, and is remembered when you check out.
Google Analytics also makes use of a cookie; by browsing our website you are indicating that you are comfortable with the use of this cookie. Bon-Accord Training Ltd. will only use Google Analytics to help us view general activity on our website, and enable us to further improve the website (for instance, if there is a broken link).